Thursday 17 November 2011

The Rules

After re-watching YES Man the other day it is really about time I did this item on my list. I have managed to rope a friend into saying YES to everything for the next two months with me too.It was a mix of I need support doing this and she needed to experience the world a bit more. She will also be writing a blog of her experiences as well, which you can read at http://beckysmagicword.blogspot.com/ We took a couple of hours out of our hectic student life to go for a drink and line out a few conditions.

 1. The word 'No' is band - Alternatives for No can be used

 2. Alternative for No can be used when you have not: done something, got something or do not know   something.

 3. Knowledge of saying YES can not be used for malicious gain

 4. 'Children In Need' is voided from say Yes - They ask you to give every couple of minutes, I would be bankrupt by the end of it!

 5. Must say YES to all Questions, Commands & Statements.

 6. MUST CARRY NOTEBOOK AT ALL TIMES

 7. Must be in possession of a camera at ALL TIMES

 8. Period of 2 months

 9. Starts 12am 18th November 2011 - Ends 12am 19th January

 So it all starts tomorrow. I'm excited and nervous for it to beginning. I think the most scariest thing is the lack of control you have. Yet isn't that what its all about, just letting go of why we can't do something and actually getting out there and making something happen. Anyway we'll see what happens to me in the next two months... as anything could!

No comments: